Make Gorgeous Faux Hand-Lettered Signs With Your Laser Cutter

Laser Cutting
Make Gorgeous Faux Hand-Lettered Signs With Your Laser Cutter

Jen Schachter just shared this fantastic tutorial on the Tested youtube channel, and I think it’s fantastic. She shows how to get a very convincing hand-lettered effect using your laser cutter. To be specific, this isn’t just engraving a pattern that is in a hand lettered style, she’s doing all kinds of stuff to end up with something that has multiple colors, gold gilding, and a convincing visual style.

YouTube player

Basically, she’s using the laser cutter to create multiple layers that you can apply the paint or gilding to. This is all cut into the protective paper sheet on your acrylic over a series of steps allowing you to put down each color or material in the proper place, adding up to a fantastic final image.

Discuss this article with the rest of the community on our Discord server!
Tagged

I get ridiculously excited seeing people make things. I just want to revel in the creativity I see in makers. My favorite thing in the world is sharing a maker's story. find me at CalebKraft.com

View more articles by Caleb Kraft

ADVERTISEMENT

Maker Faire Bay Area 2023 - Mare Island, CA

Escape to an island of imagination + innovation as Maker Faire Bay Area returns for its 15th iteration!

Buy Tickets today! SAVE 15% and lock-in your preferred date(s).

FEEDBACK