Make: Halloween Contest

Show off your scariest, most ghoulish, and creative Halloween project ever!

This contest is over and the winners are being selected. Winners will be announced on November 30, 2016.
Ouija Board Access Control
Intermediate

Full instructions

This ouija board gets a life of its own, with the planchette vibrating when it approaches certain letters - and it opens a lock!

Scary Pi
Easy

Full instructions

Disney Inspired changing portraits.

You Can't Creep up on This Creepy Cauldron!
Intermediate

Full instructions

This interactive witch's cauldron gets progressively creepier the closer you come!

Jet Jones
Intermediate

Building a jetpack for my 5yo who is obsessed with Royden Lepp's graphic novel Rust whose protagonist is a small cyborg boy with a jetpack.

Monster in a Box
Intermediate

Full instructions

A Monster in a Box Halloween prop is a box or crate that appears to be jailing a monster which is on the verge of escaping.

Soldier: 76 Light Up Mask
Advanced

Full instructions

A 3D printed Soldier: 76 mask, complete with blinking lights and a removable faceplate!

Soldier: 76 Light Up Mask

Team intentional3D

Animatronic Horse Mask
Easy

Full instructions

This project will take your awesome Halloween costume to the next level!! Have a horse mask that can open/close its mouth!!

Hack Halloween Skull
Easy

Full instructions

What if we can control an Arduino with Augmented Reality App? What if we can combine both worlds? That's what made me look into this.

LED Trick-or-Treat Alarm
Intermediate

Full instructions

This will show how to make a Trick-or-Treat Alarm. Detect those kids before they get to your front door!

Wheel of Misfortune
Advanced

Full instructions

The Wheel magically turns and dispenses the worst fates from all your favourite fairy tales. Complete with sound, lights and mythic automata

Proton Pack
Intermediate

Full instructions

A backpack that would make Jillian Holtzman proud, bust ghosts with your own lighted proton pack.

The Kamehameha Butterfly Halloween Costume
Intermediate

Full instructions

I decided to design and build a Halloween costume of the Kamehameha butterfly, an endangered species in Hawai'i. :)

Project Space Princess – Jetpack : Dragon Mountain Design
Intermediate

Full instructions

Designed this for my little girl, Captain Zoe: Space Princess!

Full Animatronic Sorting Hat With Custom Software-22$
Advanced

Full instructions

I plan for some thing cheap and wonderful Animatronic. Then i plan it for Sorting hat with the resources around me.

Candy Necklace and Belt Easy Costume!
Intermediate

Full instructions

These two pieces will put you in the mood to eat candy. Cheap and very easy to make you can trick or treat sweetly!

Making a Fire Truck Costume from a Diaper Box and iPhone
Easy

Full instructions

What do you get when you have a crafty mama and handy, tech-crazed daddy? A decked out diaper box that makes all your friends jealous.

Marvin The Martian
Intermediate

Full instructions

The Earth obstructs my view of Venus. I'm going to blow it up ... so I need to be dressed appropriately.

Hogwarts Halloween Window Display

Magical Harry Potter inspired window display featuring fog effects, lighting and many props from the Wizarding world.

Giant Animatronics Lego Minfig Operation Game
Advanced

Full instructions

This project details two Arduino powered animatronic Lego Minifigs that talk and move based off that Monster Hunters line.

Giant Spider Web
Easy

Full instructions

Easy to make giant light up cling film spiders web!

LED Pumpkin Cake
Intermediate

Full instructions

For this year's Halloween I've decided to make something different. I really enjoy pumpkin carving, but don't really like throwing it all...

Blynky Halloween Candy Hand
Intermediate

Full instructions

This project uses Blynk (Esp8266), a 3-D printed hand, and two servos to make a remote controlled Halloween hand gag.

Luna Lovegood Lion Hat (Harry Potter)
Easy

Full instructions

A Luna Lovegood Lion Hat! I wanted to make a lion hat for Halloween and wanted it to be more like the book version!

3D Printed Ghost Pendant with LED Eyes
Easy

Full instructions

A conductive 3D printing filament was smushed into the LED contacts using a soldering iron to complete the circuit.

Open Animatronics
Advanced

Full instructions

A modular, parametric and extensible Animatronics cad generation framework

Programmable Stranger Things Light Wall Costume
Intermediate

An Arduino powered Stranger Things light wall costume that can be controlled via Bluetooth serial connection to a cell phone.

Who woke me up!! A Halloween contest Submission

A mobile on a harmless holder suddenly wakes up, starts walking and says "who woke me up" . Used Arduino, 1Sheeld and Tasker.

The Haunted Fish Tank
Intermediate

Full instructions

See ghost fishes, pirates and Seemonsters

Angry Birds Pumpkin Scene
Easy

Full instructions

Recreating a scene from the Angry Birds video game using painted pumpkins and a giant pig tower is an exciting way to celebrate Halloween!

Flaming Halloween Jack-o'-lanterns
Intermediate

Full instructions

Turn up the heat on your spooky Halloween decor this year by adding a blazing set of flaming jack-o'-lanterns to your front yard display!

Add projectSign up / Login
Community Projects Magazine Maker Faire Shop Share