User-Configured Multitool

User-Configured Multitool
switch2.jpg
switch3.jpg
switch0.jpg
switch1.jpg

Switch is the ultimate modular pocketknife, with 17 different attachments so you can mix and match your most frequently used tools. Customize your Switch’s width by swapping out the inner axles, or group your tools into different “themes” – home, office, outdoors, etc. However you choose to do it, Switch is your tool, your way.

The Switch set includes:

– Two exterior body covers, for encasing the tool attachments.

– Two slotted caps to hold the tool together, which can be removed with the twist of a quarter to disassemble the unit.

– Three interior axle assemblies – small (2-6 tools), medium (4-10 tools), and large (7-13 tools) — which can be swapped in and out depending on your desired tool width.

– 17 tool attachments: Standard Knife, Pliers, Scissors, Nail File, Tweezers, Thin Flathead Screwdriver, Phillips-Head Screwdriver, Eyeglass Phillips-Head Screwdriver, Eyeglass Flathead Screwdriver, Wood Saw, Serrated Blade, Corkscrew, Combination Bottle Opener/Flathead Screwdriver, Combination Can Opener/Wire Stripper, Pen, Magnifying Glass, LED Flashlight.

[Via Core77]

6 thoughts on “User-Configured Multitool

1. aquaris says:

The Switch is really an interesting and multifunctional pocketknife. Not only for on the way but also for many activities at house. There one can save the purchase of a tool box with many tools I have at the moment an original Swiss penknife with I am contented, but this does not have so many tools.

2. Simon says:

A key blank tool would be handy. Then you could get that cut to match your house keys and carry them around on it too.

3. Joe says:

Wow this is a neat idea. It looks like it might be a bit too thick though with more than 3 – 4 tools in there.

Comments are closed.

Discuss this article with the rest of the community on our Discord server!
Tagged

My interests include writing, electronics, RPGs, scifi, hackers & hackerspaces, 3D printing, building sets & toys. @johnbaichtal nerdage.net

View more articles by John Baichtal

ADVERTISEMENT

Maker Faire Bay Area 2023 - Mare Island, CA

Escape to an island of imagination + innovation as Maker Faire Bay Area returns for its 15th iteration!

Buy Tickets today! SAVE 15% and lock-in your preferred date(s).

FEEDBACK